What’s Happening Now
LET’S GET READY TO WALK!
2016 gives you even more opportunities to walk in support of CARES and to raise awareness of CAH! Now you have 7 opportunities to make a difference in the lives of those affected by CAH. Please plan on joining us this year to WALK!
- APRIL 23, 2016 – 1ST ANNUAL CAH AWARENESS WALK – Location, TBD. Maryland.
- MAY 14, 2016 – 1ST ANNUAL CAH AWARENESS WALK – Upper Saucon Township Community Park, Center Valley, Pennsylvania
- SEPTEMBER 17, 2016 – 2ND ANNUAL CAH AWARENESS WALK – Newport Avenue Boardwalk, Ventnor, New Jersey (Southern NJ)
- SEPTEMBER 24, 2016 – 5TH ANNUAL CAH AWARENESS WALK – Wild Duck Pond Park, Ridgefield, New Jersey (Northern NJ)
- OCTOBER 2, 2016 – 3RD ANNUAL CAH AWARENESS WALK – Santa Anita Park & Racetrack, Arcadia, California
- Date TBD – 3RD ANNUAL CAH AWARENESS WALK – Location, TBD. Virginia
- Date TBD – 1ST ANNUAL CAH AWARENESS WALK – Location, TBD. Massachusetts
Consider hosting a walk in your area. For more information, contact Dina@CaresFoundation.org
Comprehensive Care Centers for CAH offer comprehensive, expert and lifelong medical care for patients in four centers across the country. Visit our Care Centers page for more detailed information.
WORLD RARE DISEASE DAY IS FEBRUARY 29, 2016
On Rare Disease Day, millions of patients and their families around the world share their stories to promote awareness of the challenges, hopes and needs of those living with rare diseases. 2016 marks the ninth year that the international rare disease community celebrates Rare Disease Day. The Rare Disease Day 2016 theme ‘Patient Voice’ recognises the crucial role that patients play in voicing their needs and in instigating change that improves their lives and the lives of their families and caregivers.
To plan your celebration, visit the Rare Disease Day website. To learn more about coping with a rare disease in your life, visit the Global Genes website for helpful toolkits on how to manage your rare disease.
RARE NJ CELEBRATES RARE DISEASE DAY!
“Connecting Voices of the New Jersey Rare Disease Community to Drive Change”
DID YOU KNOW – that when you shop with AmazonSmile and Goodshop, you are helping improve the lives of thousands of patients and families affected by CAH?
All you have to do is click on the logos below to register for each site and designate CARES Foundation as your charity of choice!
*Make sure to search for CARES on AmazonSmile as “Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia Research Educ & Support Found, Inc aka CARES Foundation”