Ongoing Clinical Trials
CARES Foundation does not counsel individual patients either for or against participation in any specific research study. Prospective volunteers should always carefully review the study’s informed consent documentation and discuss the pros and cons of their participation with trusted advisers, including their health care providers and family members. For more information on research participation, check out https://www.hhs.gov/ohrp/education-and-outreach/about-research-participation/index.html
- Phase 2, Multiple-dose, Dose Escalation Study to Evaluate the Safety and Efficacy of SPR001 – This study is for an investigational, once-a-day pill for CAH, designed to correct hormone imbalance and potentially reduce the necessary dose of traditional steroid medications. If you are 18 years of age or older, and have been diagnosed with classic CAH, you may qualify to participate. Participants will receive study-related care and medication at no cost, and compensated for your time and travel.If you are interested, CLICK HERE to see if you qualify.
- CAH Volunteers Needed for Natural History Study at NIH – patients of all ages with CAH (both classic and nonclassic). For more information, contact the CARES office at 866-227-3737.
- Classical CAH Adult Volunteers Needed for Chronocort® Study at NIH – Patients at least 18 years of age with Classic CAH due to 21-hydroxylase deficiency for 6-month study that will compare patients’ standard therapy to Chronocort® therapy.
- Infracort – Current hydrocortisone replacement therapy poses significant challenges especially at low doses where no licensed therapies exist for neonates and infants. A study is underway to assess an immediate-release, oral formulation of hydrocortisone which has been designed specifically for children.
- Parental Management of Adrenal Crisis in Children with Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia (CAH) – A pilot study to explore parental management of adrenal crisis in children with CAH by describing parents’ perceptions of the sources of information from health care providers related to times of crisis and examining strategies and approaches parents take to educate family members, school personnel, and others in their social network on managing adrenal crises in their children. Louise Fleming. UPDATE: Seeking participants for survey. See Invitation To Participate in CAH Research.
- Phase III Chronocort® Study – Study of efficacy, safety and tolerability of Chronocort® compared with a standard three times daily hydrocortisone replacement regimen in the treatment of adults with congenital adrenal hyperplasia. For more information, contact the CARES office at 866-227-3737
- Other Resources for Clinical Trials